Another Crawl!

our 2012 mini bonfire

This weekend will mark my 4th year of being involved with the Eastside Culture Crawl! Although there's a whole lot of steps (and kind people) that got me to where I am in my emerging artist career, I have the Crawl to thank for
  • Bringing (probably thousands) of new eyes to my work
  • Leading to representation with both Elissa Cristall Gallery and Vancouver Art Gallery's Art Rental & Sales Program
  • Meeting Fred Herzog, one of my favorite and most influential Canadian artists 
  • Learning how to talk to people about my work
  • Learning how not to fear putting oneself out there, and selling work
  • Allowing artists in East Vancouver, in all stages of their careers, to show off their talent(s)
Even though we're now scheduled to open our studios for FOUR long days (I'm sure I'll be running on very little energy by Sunday), I'm looking forward to meeting new people, sharing stories and discussing art production in East Vancouver. I think this event is not only about making money (although it sure makes a difference!), but it's an opportunity to see firsthand who cares about art in this city. We artists spend so many hours of our week alone making art, that it's sometimes hard to imagine anyone seeing or caring about what we're investing all our time and energy in.

So come visit me in my studio in Strathcona (well, technically it's my dad's spacious studio. He's been kind enough to let me use it!) and join the thousands of Crawlers in enjoying some unique Vancouver culture.

Check out my Crawl profile for more info: http://culturecrawl.ca/artists/jessiemcneil
Festival Hours
Thursday, November 19
5 pm - 10 pm

Friday, November 20
5 pm - 10 pm

Saturday, November 21
11 am - 6 pm

Sunday, November 22
11 am - 6 pm


Comments

Popular Posts