Burnaby Art Gallery & Capture Photography Festival

Strathcona, January 2017, 11 1/4 x 11 1/4 x 1/4”, Mixed Media collage on paper, 2017

The Errand and the Epiphany 
Photo-based collage work by Jessie McNeil

Inspired by the wandering world of my urban environment and Rebecca Solnit's writing "Wanderlust: A History of Walking", I proudly present another solo exhibition of collages at Burnaby Public Library's McGill Branch - one of Burnaby Art Gallery's Offsite locations.

I am also thrilled to announce that this year's Capture Photography Festival has included my (photo-based) exhibition in their catalogue. Here's my profile on their website. 
  
March 21st - May 14th, 2017 
McGill branch is open from
Monday to Friday 10am to 9pm
Saturdays 10am to 6pm
Sundays 1pm to 5pm

For my bilingual readers, La Source magazine wrote a lovely piece (en Français) about the exhibition here. Merci!

And Burnaby Art Gallery just featured an in-depth interview with me on their blog. (Thanks guys!)

Huge thanks to my Pa, Ewan McNeil for helping me once again, with all the driving and picking up of awkwardly large foamcore sheets! And of course, many thanks to Bob MacIntyre all all the folks I've worked with @ the BAG over the last six months.

Comments

Popular Posts